Australia is one of the leading countries in the world, offering unparalleled opportunities for business and education. Approximately 7.4 million visitors have visited the country in the year 2015. It suggests that the record of visitors to Australia will be in a surge in the coming years. Well, why would you step back from reaping the benefits out of its visitor favorite atmosphere in every aspect? To visit Australia, you might need an Australia Visa. Although, there are various Australian Visas and each one of them is designed carefully to meet the visitors’ requirements. Delve into the Australian visa guide to find out the details on its procedure, types, eligibility to apply for Australian visa
What is an Australian visa?
As per the Australian government, to enter the country, most nationals need a permit called the Australian visa. There are however, countries that do not need a visa to enter Australia. Based on the length of stay, number of entries, purpose of visit, etc, there are multiple types of visa as discussed in this guide. The Australian visa is linked to your passport on approval. As a result, a stamping of the passport is not required. Australia is very strict about ensuring the safety of the citizens and their country. As a result, there are certain sets of documents one needs to apply for it.
How to Apply for Australian Visa?
Australia consists of a various types of visas, designed to meet the visitors’ requirements. However, the collection of documents plays an important role in acquiring a visa that meets your needs. The Australian High Commission is responsible for granting the visa to those nationals that are exempted from procuring an Australian visa at the arrival in Australia. Government of Australia has mostly preferred a convenient way to make the Australia visa process a hassle-free experience. An applicant can opt to apply through the Australian visa online platform. The details below can help you with the online procedure and clear your queries regarding where and how to apply for Australian visa.
- After collecting the documents, you will have to prepare the credit card for online payment.
- The online payment includes visa and application charges. The first step after visiting the site is opening an account on ImmiAccount.
- After opening an account, you may receive an option to filling your personal details in the application form, which would also ask you to attach the supporting documents.
- The further process involves a health examination, wherein a satisfactory health certificate needs to be generated by your family doctor or the recommended hospitals or clinic by the australia high commission. This is required only if the person is above the age of 75, or is applying for a visa longer than 6 months.
- The primary and important emails regarding your application shall be mailed to you on your email.
- The status of your application can be checked online by logging on to immiAccount.
- The application fee could be at least AUD 135. The processing and other charges may vary.
However, one could readily find that the above procedure is very sensitive and hence any error in it may cause a delay in your Australia visa process. It is recommended that you get the work done by the experts who can provide you with an Australian visa. BTW consists of a team of experts in guiding and providing the applicant with crucial and relevant information about the visa services we offer.
Australian Visa Types
Although there are a number of centers to apply for an Australian Visa, you just need to have a good idea of the agencies or centers, if it is a registered one. Now, after knowing the procedure, we need to understand the Australian Visa and Australian visa categories. There are various types and limitations of Australian visa. Here, we shed a light on a few of its types and their limitations:
- Tourist visa
Australian Tourist Visa is mostly required for the tourists, visiting the country for enjoying holidays, or also for meeting their family/friends/relatives.
- This visa is a short-stay visa and hence it holds a certain duration, up to which it is valid. The duration for the tourist visa is based on your preferences, it ranges from 3 months, 6 months to 12 months.
- You may select it as per your availability in the country. This visa is also known as Subclass 600, which lets you do tourism as well as perform a business activity, under certain restrictions
- Business visa
Being blessed with a favourable and equally wonderful atmosphere for business, people are bound to enter the land of Australia to explore every possibility of either developing their particular business or establishing it from scratch.
- Truth be told, there is nothing like Australia! But, in order to reap the benefits out of its business atmosphere, one needs to obtain an endorsement known as the Australia business visa.
- Visitor visa
Obtaining a visa for Australia has never been that tough. Credit to the Government of Australia for having made all the provisions to procure the visa hassle-free. However, one needs to merely understand the visa types and their usage. Australian visitor visa is one of the visas that allow an applicant to enter the country for a short duration.
The Australian Visitor visa has been designed to meet the requirements of the applicant. However, the visa can be obtained for three given purposes.
- For Short-term business purpose
- For Tourism purpose
- For meeting Friends/relatives/family.
Australia Visa Requirements For Indian Citizens
Well, there are certain requirements for the Australian visa. There are various types of visas, and one of the biggest requirements of holding any of these visas is that they particularly meet the eligibility criteria. Australia Visa Requirements For Indian Citizens are given below,
- One should hold a valid passport
- The age criteria depend on the kind of visa you are looking forward to procuring.
- The applicants will have to meet the health and character requirements as per the regulations. The Australian government has maintained the safety standards for Australian citizens. And hence, one can find the medical requirement based on the type of visa he/she prefers.
- You must have a strong financial status with a good bank balance that can support your stay in Australia.
- However, the requirements for the Australian visa is purely based on the type of visa you shall prefer
Australian Visa Process
Validity of Australian Visa
- The validity of an Australian visa depends upon how many days the visitor is planning to stay in the country.
- The duration of the visa is decided by the immigration department officials. In the application form, one will have to clearly mention the purpose and the duration of his/her stay in the country, upon which the duration will be decided by the government of Australia.
- However, any Australian visa – Tourist, Student or Business – is categorized into three categories as, single entry, double entry, and multiple entry visas.